Tuesday 1 November 2016

Story behind how a small and quick decision transformed the legacy of my life

   



          I got a call from my mentor on a very warm afternoon which was left unanswered as I was in a class. Better late than never, so I soon called her back in the evening. My mentor has a pool of surprises. She keeps me excited throughout my life as she gives me momentous and awesome surprises and I feel they are just made for me. Likewise, she spoke to me in a way which made me remain excited.
           It is very well known that there are a lot of social disputes which are to be resolved and hence there are a lot of protests happening all over the state. Karnataka strike had been declared on 9th September 2016. My mentor asked me if I could visit a particular venue if incase there was an emergency. My reply is always a YES to my mentor. This positive attitude is all because it was my mentor who asked me. So naturally, I said yes, I can make it. My mentor still didn't reveal the surprise. And then, at night, my phone rang again. This time I was pretty sure that I would get the surprise unfolded. I picked up the call and as expected, champ I have a great surprise planned for you was her very first sentence. With an increased amount of anticipation, I looked forward for her to elaborate on it. She proceeded by saying that a golden opportunity has flew towards me and is waiting for me to grab it asapAgain since I am always positive, my reply was to know what it is. And then, I felt I had got the biggest treat for my life which was offered by her when I heard her saying that I was one among the six elites who were chosen to attend the grand launch CHEF POST at Hotel SHANGRI LA - five star luxury hotel with breath taking views. I was mesmerized for a moment and I had mixed feelings as I was still figuring out if what I heard was true or was I hallucinated for a second. I was still deciding in my mind about how to react to the words my mentor had just spoken. I was flying high up after listening to her compliments and words of encouragement. I remained astonished as I still couldn't believe that I was one among the delegates who were selected.
         Luckily, the event was rescheduled to 10th September 2016 due to the protests on the previous day. God himself  comes all the way down to help us and let us come out of hurdles when the cause is a good one - proved.  
         As soon as I stepped into SHANGRI LA, I felt that I was blessed. I doubt if I really deserved to reach there but I also felt that I am lucky. And of course, my mentor always said you will automatically be given a chance to experience the best of the best on your way if you are dedicated in whatever you do. So, I think this is what has got me here. My complete day at the launch was very constructive and memorable because firstly, my outfit made me feel up. Tasks assigned to me made me learn how to get things done confidently. I entered the next higher level in regards to networking, where in I could meet so many founders and CEO's of many outstanding companies in corporates. I got a chance to talk to them loads. They shared their business cards with me. I could capture every single moment at the event. I learnt the corporate mannerisms, language standards, business cultures which were quite challenging, yet something really very stupendous. 

          There was a rich selfie stage which was set up and colorful photo sessions went on. Delicious chocolate tasting and wine tasting was also a part of the launch. The event was also graced by small and silver screen stars which added glitters to the grand launch. The center of attraction was the ramp walk done by the chefs. The faces behind the scene were bought into light and we all could get a glimpse of their glorious life. The wonderful fashion show ended the event with all the joy and pomp.

     Being a part of this event awakened within me, the spirit of learning attitude, self understanding capabilities, to get better and better in all that I do, ways to unleash the talents in me and last but not the least, hunger to prove myself. I had once got a chance to listen to the founder of the organization, which I am a part of. And he said if you are a sweeper, then be the best sweeper in the world. This made me strive harder to give my best in everything I do. I learnt that trying out new things would fetch me experiences which would become the best teachers of life and also that, they help me decide what fits me the best.
            This great opportunity transformed the complete legacy of my life. I could analyze myself and decide what I really want in life. This was a great start which would lead me towards more phenomenal opportunities. I had a feeling that I grew a little, as achievers at corporates shared their business cards with me. My contact list now has the contact details of many successful entrepreneurs. My facebook timeline has got posts featuring such great personalities, selfies and pictures that I had clicked with them. 
              This experience of mine served as an inspiration to many others to become a part of this change driven platform. Thus, I could successfully manage to motivate and influence people positively which made them walk in the path towards success. 
              Therefore, a YES to my mentor's phone call got me where I am today. The confidence within me ensures that I can grow high to touch the sky by all means. One small, positive attitude may transform even your legacy of life. So never say no to opportunities.         

No comments:

Post a Comment